Welcome to the Community Groups of River Community Church! This is the place where we all learn how to love God, how to love other people (sometimes that is hard!), and how we can all impact our community for a greater purpose.
A few commonalities to start:
- All ages are welcome.
- We provide a children’s group for preschool age. Children in elementary and above can join the adults in the large group.
- We provide light snacks at each community group, starting at 6:30 pm. Large group and children’s group occur simultaneously after snacks.
For more in-depth information on Community Groups, please see the description below.
Dates and Location: Winter/Spring 2018
Seafair Neighbourhood: (every other Sunday night, beginning on January 21), 6:30-8:00 pm, light snacks/refreshments
7531 Winchelsea Crescent
- January 21
- February 4, 18
- March 4
- April 15, 29
- May 13, 27
- June 10
Dockside Village Neighbourhood: (1x month), 4:30-6:00 pm, light snacks/refreshments
in the Common Room, 12500 Trites Road
- February 25
- April 8
- May 6
- June 3
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Community Groups of River Community Church are the primary way to grow in relationship with God, connect with others, care for each other, and impact the community. Community Groups are highly relational and very informal. Maybe you are wrestling with the big questions of life, or are dealing with life issues. No matter where you are on your spiritual journey, Community Groups are a safe place to explore Christianity, discuss life issues, and grow in your faith.
Get Connected with God: Love God
- Grow in your relationship with God to become a passionate follower of Jesus Christ.
- A short Bible study/discussion to grow in relationship with God and apply biblical principles to everyday life.
Get Connected to others: Love Others
- Develop meaningful relationships to live everyday life together as a family who care for one another.
- A safe place to be transparent with each other about personal needs and life struggles.
Get Connected in the community: Impact the Community
- Serve the community to be a blessing to others.
- Each community group should find a particular place to serve in the neighbourhood/community.
What to expect at a Community Group gathering?
A typical Community Group gathering consists of a time of connecting with others. This generally means building relationships over a meal or snacks. Each week, Pastor Brad leads the group in a short Bible study/discussion that is focused on life application. As a ‘family’ living everyday life together, there will also be an opportunity to share needs or prayer requests.
Life transformation happens best in community.